This Moss Easter Egg with a Mock Barnwood frame for under $5 for an EASY DIY that is the perfect accent to tiered trays. Here’s how to make your own!
This Easter project is going to come in under $5 in your budget and you can use this idea to come up with different projects for different holidays! The wooden egg I used can be replaced by other items so that you can use it year round.
Here is what you’re going to need:
- Wooden craft frame
- Scrapbook paper
- Wooden Easter Egg ( or any embellishment)
- Hot glue
- Mod podge
- 6″ burlap ribbon
There are just a few steps to this project meaning you’ll have it done in no time!
- Trace your frame onto your paper and then cut. Mod podge to the frame making sure not to create bubbles with too much mod podge. Sand off the edges to knock off any excess paper and give it a distressed look.
- Taking your burlap ribbon, cut a piece to size that fits in the back opening of the frame. Using hot glue, attach and then trim excess. Set aside.
- Taking your embellishment (my Easter Egg), put a good layer of hot glue on the front and start attaching your moss. This may take a couple passes to get the coverage that you want. Trim excess from the edges.
- Tie a piece of twine or ribbon around the egg and tie into a bow on the front. Hot glue to the front of the frame on the burlap ribbon and then you’re done!
I just adore how this turned out!
Here is a video you can watch and follow along to create your own!
This is a project that I can’t wait to do and create with some other items for other holidays! Here’s an image you can PIN to save it to your Easter boards OR you can follow my Pinterest and stay up to date on all of the crafts and DIY’s that we share!
I’d love to see a pic if you create one or let me know in the comments what your thoughts are!
If you’re looking for some other spring related projects, you’re going to want to check these out:
- Easter Bunny Mason Jar
- Dollar Store Easter Bunny Wreath
- Easter Bunny Burlap Banner
- Quick and Easy Spring Hello Wreath
Want to be a part of our tribe and get access to ALL of our blog content, freebies and specials once a week? Click the image below and you’ll get my TOP TEN DESSERT RECIPES free! You’re going to want to keep this in a safe place because it’s going to become your go-to for all things sweet and yummy! You’ll get it instantly in your inbox so you can start planning what to create first!