Here I sit waiting for counseling. It’s been a constant in my life the past few years. And in reality, I’ve been several times in the past decade.
You see…this isn’t a bad thing. We all need a little guidance along the way. Life is hard. But this is good. Good for my soul. Good for my heart. I’m broken and I’m a sinner. The grind of life and the brokenness of the world creates a fog for us to live in. Grace gives us the ability to let the fog rise and see through it. Eyes to see that we are forgiven and that we have a purpose no matter your past sins. Sometimes we (I) need to be reminded that the grace of others will NEVER match the grace of God. Spouses, extended family, friends, and co-workers will ALL fail us.
Your life is amazing! God gives you grace. Unmerited grace! That means grace we truly don’t deserve!! This grace is what gives us the courage to open our eyes every morning…with a purpose. The kind of grace that covers our past sins. Grace that holds your hand and picks you up off the ground and out of the darkness. We all have it and we all deserve it!!
So how do you harness your undeserved grace when you’ve failed?
Here are FIVE truths:
- Realize that NO ONE is perfect! Your pastor? Not perfect. Your spouse who has forgiven your sins? Not perfect. Your Sunday School teacher? Not perfect. We can all try to live in perfection – but our perfection is riddled with imperfections. That’s the world we live in. That won’t ever change. Accept it. You’re gonna screw up and you’re gonna fail. We have to pray to exchange our perfectionism for God’s peace. You don’t have to be perfect to received God’s grace – only willing.
- Let God handle the hard stuff! The hard stuff is easier to handle when we are grounded in faith a HOPE of better things to come. Having a belief that amidst all of sins of the broken world, knowing that HE has a better plan for you! For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Consult HIM first! Learn from the teachings of the Bible and consult him when making your decisions. He will speak to you. Through bible verse, failed (or successful) plans – if you are consulting him first, he will reveal his plans for you. Remember, they are his plans – we are just on the journey of fulfilling that purpose! Matthew 7:7 says Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” He’s waiting for you!!
- Trust God’s grace by receiving forgiveness. This is the HARDEST!!! Forgive yourself. See yourself as God’s dear child who He’s remodeling daily. Let grace overpower your past and create in you a clean conscience. Trust God’s grace by receiving forgiveness. Forgive yourself. See yourself as God’s dear child who He’s remodeling daily. Let grace overpower your past and create in you a clean conscience. Don’t let your memory paralyze you!
- Extend grace to others! Because God has forgiven us, we can forgive others. Because He has a forgiving heart we can have a forgiving heart. Extend the gift of grace to others and remember that God’s powerful grace is made perfect in our weakness. We will NEVER meet people where God meets them in extending grace, but we sure can try!
Earthly relationships only give “deserved” grace! Our God gives us “undeserved” grace!!”
Today, I pray for grace to be given to you as it has been given to me. That undeserved grace that you will never, EVER understand! If you have people that give you grace; hold them close! And if you need to give grace, give it! We will never give the grace God does, but we are called to come as close as we humanly can. God will do the rest.
Join me today and show grace to someone that needs it. Someone is broken and beaten down because of the things they’ve done in their life. Be the first to offer them grace. Tell them that they are loved and deserve better! Nothing is too great for grace!
May God bless you as he is me ❤️❤️
We all need that person that we can call on when we are needing that undeserved grace. Being a part of my community will do just that. I’d love for you to join my mailing list HERE