Creating whimsical pumpkins for the season is easy with this Toilet Paper Pumpkin DIY. Grab some toilet paper and fabric and learn how to make your own!
Pumpkin projects are my favorite! Every year I try to share at least one or two ways to create pumpkins that you can use in your decor that are easy and cheap. I shared on a local news station how to create these Toilet Paper Pumpkins and they loved how easy there were to create!
Here’s what you need to make your own:
- Toilet paper – grab the cheap dollar store ones
- Fabric – roughly 18″ square (bandanas also work great!)
- Craft stick/cinnamon stick/twig from your yard
- Twine or ribbon
Gather your fabric and cut to approximately 18″ square. I LOVE incorporating non-traditional colors when decorating. With aqua being my favorite color, I can make it fit any season.
Don’t be afraid to do something different!
With the printed side of your fabric down, unravel your toilet paper roll about six times. Gently wrap back around the roll so it isn’t “tight” and resembles more of a pumpkin versus a toilet paper roll.
Starting with the corners of the fabric, pull up and push into the center of the roll. Make sure that your fabric covers all of it by folding and pushing down.
At this point you can use a twig from your yard or a cinnamon stick and insert into the hole for the pumpkin stem.
I didn’t have either of those so I took some craft sticks and painted them brown.
When the paint is dry, insert it into your pumpkin.
taking your coordinating ribbon or twine, tie a bow around the stick to dress it up a little.
You can create sets of three and even give them as gifts to your neighbors.
Check out some of these other pumpkin ideas that I’ve shared in the past!
- Wine Cork Pumpkin
- Wind Turbine Pumpkin
This would be a great project to do with some friends for a girls night in OR with a group that you have with your kiddos! PIN it to one of your Pinterest boards and share it with your friends!
If you’re looking for other Thanksgiving craft ideas, check these out!
- Fabric Napkin Bread Warmer from Tried and True Creative
- Thankful Dry Erase Sign from The Scrap Shoppe
- Turkey Place Cards from That’s What Che Said
- Easy Low Sew Fall Napkins from Sew What Alicia
- Faux Quilted Pumpkins from Creatively Beth
- Thanksgiving Embroidery Craft from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Thanksgiving Apron from The Pretty Life Girls
- Felt Gratitude Banner from Bonnie and Blythe
- Boho Pumpkin Luminaries from Made in a Day
- Hand Painted Pumpkins from The Crafty Blog Stalker
- Free GATHER Thanksgiving SVG from Pineapple Paper Company
Want to be a part of our tribe and get access to ALL of our blog content, freebies and specials once a week? Click the image below and you’ll get my TOP TEN DESSERT RECIPES free! You’re going to want to keep this in a safe place because it’s going to become your go-to for all things sweet and yummy! You’ll get it instantly in your inbox so you can start planning what to create first!