We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that essential oils are amazing for you! There are many benefits and while I am still learning the ropes, I do try to implement them into my daily life when I can.
This DIY Tea Tree Sugar Scrub is a great recipe for beginners or seasoned essential oil veterans. I LOVE using this on my hands everyday. I also suffer from rosacea and because of the qualities of tea tree oil, this is a great scrub for my face once a week!
Tea tree oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti–inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin.
Here’s how you can make your own DIY Tea Tree Sugar Scrub!
- Essential oil (any brand you use is fine)
- Coconut oil
Slightly melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds so that’s it’s easy to scoop and manage. Mix 1/2 cup coconut oil with 1 cup of sugar and about 10-12 drops of your tea tree oil.
Mix thoroughly and you’re DONE!
And that, my friends, is the simplest DIY ever!
Here are 10 more popular essential oils and the benefits of each if you are wanting to try a different one:
- Peppermint: Used to boost energy and help with digestion.
- Lavender: Used for stress relief.
- Sandalwood: Used to calm nerves and help with focus.
- Bergamot: Used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema.
- Rose: Used to improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Chamomile: Used for improving mood and relaxation.
- Ylang-Ylang: Used to treat headaches, nausea and skin conditions.
- Tea Tree: Used to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Jasmine: Used to help with depression, childbirth and libido.
- Lemon: Used to aid digestion, mood, headaches and more.
This DIY Tea Tree Sugar Scrub is not only great for hands, but also your legs and feet. Incorporating this into a self-care routine would be perfect for your long weeks. I talked all about how to create your own spa on a budget in this post.