It’s never too late to be happy. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You’ve heard it been said before. Take today and move forward.
Our lives are solely in our own hands. While we can elevate others to places of great importance in our lives, ultimately if we are not happy, no one else in our lives will be either. Just as we can’t expect another to be responsible for our happiness, we also can’t take someone else’s happiness upon our shoulders. For that is a weight that eventually will not only crush us, but our dreams as well.
In order to take that un-lived life and reopen it up for exploration, we have to give up fear of leaving our comfort zones and of having others disapprove of our choices. We have to decide to be brave enough to explore whatever avenue our souls feel pulled to.
So how do you do that? Here are 6 easy steps to put you on the path to success:
- First and foremost, know that you are not broken! We know this – but the majority of us don’t believe it. We believe that there is something inside of us that we have to fix. We all believe there is something in us that we are missing something that we need to achieve greatness. Thinking you’re broken is a belief you are making by choice. Belief is finding certainty in a story that you’re telling yourself. It’s time to find that belief in thinking that you are amazing and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Have you been there? We make the choice to be there or not. A belief is simply a story that you tell yourself with complete certainty which means that you can change it at anytime. You can live with any identity! Know this in your heart versus your mind!!!
- We all make everything mean something. When we attach meaning to things, it determines the course and quality of our lives. With everything that happens, we put meaning to it. If you put something out there that is scary, personal or for your business and no one bites…you can take it and make it mean what you want. Failure or success is based on what you tell yourself. We are created on the meaning that we give our relationships and that we give to ourselves. An example would be my depression. I could “believe” that I don’t have the power to show up and make my life matter – or I can tell myself that I’m just struggling today and tomorrow is going to be a new day. As you go through your day ask yourself, “what am I making this mean?” If no one is buying your stuff you can tell yourself that you suck and there is something wrong with your product or you can tell yourself that you have a challenge ahead of you. We are created on meaning. Everything is based on that. Are you willing to make that choice?
- Always get leverage for anything you want to achieve. Leveraging is allowing the pull to drive you forward. Pushing yourself which leads to burnout. If you want something, one of the most important things to believe is that leverage creates success. That means instead of pushing towards what you want, you let it pull you. To get leverage (make a certain amount of $, date someone) ask what is painful about staying where you are or what is painful about where you are going. A lever lifts a whole car depending on the right angle and power. Leverage comes from understanding what is going to drive you, pull you and take you forward. It’s beliefs, pains, what you want and how that connects to pleasure in your life. Know why you want what you want. Know your why – simple. The reason – what’s the emotional connection to your why. It doesn’t have to be super elaborate or spiritual. Your “why” may be that you need to feed your kids for you to hit your next level. It’s constantly changing. When you take care of you (your why – the leverage) you can take care of others which means you can provide in your business and relationships. Let your pain, your vision and your “why” PULL you!
- Fear will always be there. It is meant to protect us. Soak that in. You will never NOT be afraid. Complete and utter confidence comes from taking actions that scare you. You must live, exist and walk through the fear. Fear will never go away. It’s in taking the action that you get the reward of being confident. You will always be afraid of the next level. You need to ask yourself, how can I exist fear in the and move through it?. How can I take action amidst the fear? Fear is lodged in us. We are beings of survival. Remember – it’s just the story that you’re telling yourself. It’s scary and powerful and you can use it to your advantage.
- Open up to the world. The more you open up the world, the more the world opens up to you, the more experiences are put in front of you, and the more great relationships are put in front of you. We are all similar. The sooner we open our hearts, even with the vulnerability and the fear, the sooner we can look people in the eye, the more the world will open up to you!! Ask people how they feel about things – look in their eye. You will manifest insane results. You are connected to every person. Send love to those your despise. Send forgiveness to those that need it. Ask for forgiveness. The world will RADICALLY open up to you and show you bigger experiences and bring the right people into your life when you make this simple change.
- You are ALWAYS in control of how you feel! Most believe that is we just did this “one thing”, we would feel better. If I lost weight, if I was this friend, yada, yada, yada. It takes practice if you are negative to be in a positive state, but you are always in control of where you are manifesting your happiness. Sometimes you can feel out of control when the world is going on around you. Start backwards. Feel grateful. Look around you – right now. What do you have that others don’t have? Clean water. A home. A family. Friends. Clothes, Money to get haircuts. Phones that go everywhere with us. Know where you are cultivate working on where you are going and be on control of that. When you know where you are grounded, you will manifest your success!!
We simply have to realize that this life is meant to be lived—not just endured. Explored, caressed, loved, and enjoyed until the very last minute on this beautiful planet.
And if we get to the end, and our hearts are full and our bodies weak, then perhaps we succeeded in this life. Just maybe we were not only alive, but also living.
Just maybe we will find that in the end, regardless of our purpose, it’s only happiness and love that truly matter