We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Creating ornaments from Dollar Tree items make for QUICK and EASY projects. Here’s one you to try this weekend!
I don’t know about you, but I’m glad Dollar Tree is a thing! It makes crafting and creating fun projects for you so easy! It meets my purpose of being able to share CHEAP DIY’s with you!
Just because they’re Dollar Tree and handmade by you doesn’t mean that they have to look cheap! I can totally see these for sale at a high-end store for the Farmhouse lover!
Here’s what you need to make your own Dollar Tree Joy Ornaments:
- Tumbling Tower Game with light and dark colored blocks (6 dark brown blocks)*
- Wood beads (largest size from 125pc pack – 3 green and 3 red)*
- 6 eye hooks (from Dollar Tree picture hanging kit)*
- Antique white acrylic paint (used Apple Barrel brand)
- Small detail brush
* items purchased from Dollar Tree
Screw in an eye hook into the top center of each ornament.
Cut a piece of twine about 10 inches.
Put the twine through the eye hook and pull through until even.
Put both sides of the twine through a bead and pull through until even.
Push the bead all the way down toward the eye hook and tie a knot in the twine and pull until the knot reaches the top of the bead, securing it next to the eye hook.
Make another knot at the end to make a loop and trim off ends.
Use the detail brush to paint the word “JOY” onto the front of your ornament.
Aren’t these the cutest Dollar Tree Joy Ornaments? And they’re EASY!!
- This craft calls for materials to make 6 ornaments, but feel free to make as many as you like.
- When you are screwing in an eye hook, press the screw into the center to make a little mark, then press as you turn. If it’s easier, turn the ornament onto the screw instead.
- Add to a gift instead of using as an ornament.