I have provided affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. It will not cost you a penny more and allows me to keep sharing my ideas with you for free. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Pumpkin season is in full force! This bread is going to satisfy ANY pumpkin craving you have. And the icing…maple glaze…is DIVINE!!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about a heaping 1½ cups of mashed banana)*
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (or spray) your (8×4 or 9×5) loaf pan.
- Combine the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping the bowl as needed. Add the pumpkin, mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix well at medium speed. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and apple pie spice. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients over low speed until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for abut 60 to 70 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and slicing.
What are you making with pumpkin this season? I’d love for you to share with me 🙂