I have provided affiliate links for your shopping convenience. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. It will not cost you a penny more and allows me to keep sharing my ideas with you for free. Thank you for supporting my blog!
You came to the right spot to find the PERFECT Honey Garlic Chicken! The sauce is amazing and you’re going to want to make some extra – and that’s only because you’ll probably eat so much of it by itself that you won’t have any left for the chicken. It’s that good!! Personally, all we use is chicken thighs because we prefer the flavor and tenderness compared to other cuts of chicken, but you can use any cut that you like.
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (you can use any chicken you like really, not only thighs)
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated or minced into fine pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I used the reduced sodium kind)
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chardonney
- 1½ tbsps brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a glass 9″x10″ baking dish whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Combine well.
- Place the chicken into the dish and spoon some of the mixture over top of each piece.
- Optional: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture ahead of time if you like.
- Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 – 60 minutes. For best flavor, brush sauce on top of chicken sporadically as it’s cooking.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the baking dish and place on a serving plate.
- Serve with rice, veggies or anything else you might enjoy it with!